Six Signs You Have a Water Leak in Your Home
February 16th 2021
Water on your street.
- When a pipe ruptures, the leaking water will often bubble up into your street. If you see water bubbling up on your street and cannot see an obvious reason for it, do not delay in calling for help.
Water in your yard.
- Take a look around to see if there are unexplained wet spots or sinkholes in your yard. If there are, you may have a problem.
- Damp drywall and wet spots on your ceiling are signs that water is leaking from somewhere. If this problem is ignored, the issue could get much larger (and more expensive). Don’t wait to call in the pros.
High water bills.
- If your water bills have skyrocketed and you are not sure why it could be a sign of a leaking pipe. Think carefully if you’ve noticed any physical indications that there may be a leak, such as puddling water, or unexplained damp spots on your drywall or ceiling. When in doubt, get it checked out.
- The nose knows. When sewage and dirty water are improperly channelled away from your home, it leads to unpleasant odours within your home. This is a sure sign that you have a blocked pipe. Let us help you clear it out, so your home smells sweet again.
Cracks in your home’s foundation.
- If water seeps into the foundation of your home, it can cause cracking. If this goes on for an extended period, the structure of the house will weaken, leading to cracks in the walls and foundation. Hopefully, you have caught the problem before this happens, but if not, we can help make sure no more damage is done.
When you need a plumber quickly, we can help. Whether you have a clogged toilet, your main sewer keeps backing up, or your shower isn’t draining properly, we will find out why and fix the problem. We provide video inspections to accurately diagnose the source of your problem, so we can suggest a permanent repair. This service is especially beneficial when you’re thinking of buying a new home. The best time to identify a problem is before it becomes your problem.
NCT Plumbing was established in 1968 and has a long history of putting customers first. When you choose us, we promise you that you will receive prompt plumbing services at a fair price. Our valued customers give us consistent five-diamond ratings. Learn more about our services.